thunder::tech is accepting applications from college juniors and seniors, as well as post-graduates looking to gain real marketing experience.
The Communications Department is comprised of search engine optimization, digital advertising, social media, email marketing and automation, media relations, influencer marketing and content strategy. You will have the opportunity to touch all disciplines and work alongside our subject matter experts to create thought-provoking work.
The Communications Intern is responsible for providing support to thunder::tech's Communications Department. You will report to the Communications Department Manager and assist with all business needs related to marketing a locally headquartered DTC brand. The job description outlines the role's primary responsibilities, requirements and qualifications.
- Must have excellent organization skills, attention to detail and outstanding interpersonal skills
- Curiosity and a willingness to learn new things
- Passion for the marketing industry
- Ability to adapt to an always-changing environment
- Should enjoy the company of friendly office dogs
- Proactive problem-solving skills and research abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must
- Grit and scrappiness
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Outlook and Basecamp required
- A good sense of humor
- Professional email etiquette
- Experience with social media channels and marketing automation tools a plus
- Pursuing a degree in communications, marketing, public relations, advertising or digital/interactive media
- Business majors, preferably those with a marketing focus, are also encouraged to apply
- Assist with content writing for the website, blog, social media and marketing collateral
- Communicate and coordinate with influencers, event hosts, partners and affiliate marketing teams
- Collect quantitative and qualitative data from marketing campaigns
- Perform market analysis and research on competition
- Organize and summarize data/research and provide creative solutions to the team to achieve strategic and tactical goals
- Support the marketing team in daily administrative tasks
- Assist with updating company database and customer relations management systems (CRM)
- Optimizing web content including title tags, meta descriptions and copy
- Assisting with keyword research and analysis
Benefits of an Internship with thunder::tech:
- 90 day paid internship requiring 20-30 hours per week
- Remote first work environment, work from anywhere!
- Human friendly work environment
- Hands on learning and training