Do you find the shift in work environments, recruiting and employee engagement a fascinating time to remake the world of work for the better? If this is you, keep reading.
thunder::tech is seeking a full-time HR and Employee Engagement Strategist to join our integrated marketing agency within our growing Operations Department. Candidates must have an interest in the full employee cycle and subscribe to our philosophy of building a human-friendly work culture. As an agency with a human-friendly, family-first, all-of-the-above work environment, we need an HR professional that is ready for this progressive way of thinking and is comfortable testing and creating new ways to invest in our teammates.
The role will work within our Operations Department that is also made up of accounting and finance, facilities, legal, insurance and vendor management. This department works closely with all other departments and this HR role will be a partner between them.
This position requires a motivated, organized and team-oriented individual who is proactive with a drive to be the best at what they do. The role reports directly to the Vice President of Operations
Specific responsibilities include some of the following:
- Achieves staffing objectives by recruiting and evaluating job candidates; advising managers; and managing partnership and intern program
- Establishes recruiting requirements by studying plans and Agency objectives with Vice President of Operations and meeting with managers to discuss needs.
- Determine if resumes meet the requirements by studying job description and job qualifications.
- Attracts applicants by placing job advertisements and working with thunder::tech's in house teams to create visibility through social media, web and email tools
- Determines applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants, analyzing responses, verifying references, and comparing qualifications to job requirements
- Improves agency attractiveness by recommending new processes and best practices; monitoring job markets and compensation practices to allow for continuous improvement
- Manages year-round intern and apprentice programs
- Updates job descriptions by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participate in professional ed. opportunities.
- Builds applicant pool by researching and proactive outreach to universities, through LinkedIn and utilizing recruiting internet sites; providing Agency information, opportunities and benefits; making business cases.
- Attracts future applicants by placing job advertisements, contacting recruiters (if applicable), and job sites.
- Works with social media team on highlighting our culture and incredible teammates
- Maintain LinkedIn and Glass Door listings and increase HR traffic with positive responses, followers, and engagement
Employee Engagement Duties::
- Manages new hire intake
- Executes existing onboarding processes
- Assists in reinforcing a psychologically safe work environment
- Assists in mental health initiatives
- Work with our in-house personal trainer to meet the physical wellness needs of our team
- Career Path Planning
- Work with department leaders to road map career paths
- Assists in annual 360 team member reviews
- Assist managers in spotting growth potential and emerging leaders
- Recruiting and interviewing skills
- Conversant in a variety of digital communication tools
- Champions and supports workplace diversity and inclusion
- Familiarity with relevant Employment Law recommended but not required
- Professionalism, highly personable, and organizational skills
- Believes that fun and work should't be mutual exclusive
Education, Experience, and Requirements::
- A minimum of 2-4 years exempt and non-exempt recruiting experience in full life-cycle environment, including management simultaneous open roles
- A minimum of 2-4 years’ experience with resource allocation and partnership oversight
- Minimum 4 years’ experience recruiting in relevant industry environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is preferred