thunder::tech is seeking an enthusiastic, talented designer to join our Creative Department. The ideal candidate should have some background in user interface and/or graphic design, including its principles and practices, suck as informational hierarchy, interactive systems, responsive approaches, typography, color theory, storytelling and photography. This will be a blended role, with the candidate working collaboratively within both our User Experience and Graphic Design teams.
Candidates will interact face-to-face with external clients and potentially end users, and should have well-rounded presentation and interpersonal skills.
In-office, remote work or hybrid approach are all optional.
- Graphic Design, Visual Communication, User Experience or similar major
- Strong conceptual skills and idea generation
- Attention to detail
- Eye for typography
- Knowledge of responsive website design on various devices
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite, XD, InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Knowledge of After Effects, Sketch or Figma is a plus
- Open to constructive criticism
- Strong desire to grow professionally
- Presenting concepts and work to team members and clients
- Juggling various projects and completing such on time to meet tight deadlines
- Proposing user research methodologies and conducting user research session
- Strategizing new user experiences
- Auditing websites for areas in need of UX improvement
- Creating concept sketches, sitemaps, wireframces and mock-ups
- Collaborating with the other team members, including designers, developers, copywriters and account managers to create great work
- Designing additional applications to create logos, brochures, print ads, digital ads,social media elements and more
- Assisting team members on projects which could include photo searching, image retouching/editing, copy edits and print preparation
- Comfortable in latest versions of Microsoft Visual Studio, MS SQL Server, and NetBeans
- MS SQL, MySQL (Database normalization and working knowledge of stored procedures and triggers)