Ever wonder how sports teams can get those instant replays up on social media so fast? On this episode, joining Creative Director and host Craig Israel is Madison Letizia, Director of Communications at thunder::tech and Brandon Jirousek, VP of Digital and Web Services for the Cleveland Cavaliers, to talk about the behind the scenes technology and innovative new marketing approaches.
Check it out here::
What You’ll Learn in This Episode
- How the sports world get those instant replays in 5-7 after the real time event.
- Why a mobile first mentality and social media is important for brands.
- The change of approach for content and why it's needed at times
“What social media has done, especially in the sports world is created this more consumable content that fans are looking for so that they can stay engaged with the team even if they aren’t able to sit and watch the game or go to the game.”
“We’ve had a mobile first mentality for years. whether or not we are always executing on that mentality is a different story. We've always focused on the mobile device first and foremost, specifically from a social content perspective because we went through a wave where the end goal was to get them back to the website. but we have learned especially in sports, you want to hit your fans, your customers on the device and the channel they are on and that's ultimately going to resonate much better than to force their hand to a different place or direction.”
Check out examples from this:
- Single Highlight: http://twitter.com/cavs/status/1114379491705380864
- Single Highlight with Alternate Angle: https://twitter.com/cavs/status/1162393579697950720
- Multiple Highlights Combined: https://www.instagram.com/p/B1L5xWGjTSU/