When you think of TikTok, you probably think of 60 second videos of cats, dancing trends and filters. And, well, you’re not wrong. But what if we told you this app is more than a feed of videos that suck away hours of your time? In fact, it’s a multi-faceted marketing tool that has achieved a lot in its short history.
While it’s crazy to believe, TikTok is giving Google a run for its money. Not only has it beat Google’s fame for most visited web domain in the world, but the app’s search feature is becoming the new way consumers are discovering brands, products and websites. We know what you’re thinking:: huh?? How?? Why??
It’s time to jump on the TikTok bandwagon, but more importantly, use it as a tool for potential customers to search and find you.
How Can TikTok Benefit My Business?
You may be in denial about whether TikTok even relates to your business, but we are here to assure you there are a plethora
of industries represented on the platform. Companies of all sorts are running thriving accounts, ranging from beauty and fashion brands to cleaning and even dental hygiene! Just like clients turn to Google to research services, TikTok search has similarly become a way to find products and services.
Now here’s the best part; when potential customers find your TikTok, not only do they have access to your website and business information, but they also have a whole profile of videos showing off your brand.
Interested in testing out the waters? Let’s dive into TikTok Search!
How Does the Search Feature Work?
The search bar used to live in a section of TikTok known as the Discover page, but recently was more simplified. It can now be found in the top right corner as a magnifying glass. When you tap this button, you’ll be greeted with a search bar, recently searched items of yours and suggested searches.
You can get as specific or vague as you want with searches. But the more detailed the search, the more refined the video results will be. Here are some things to search to get you started:
- Things to do in Cleveland OH
- TikTok Tips
How To Be Searched On TikTok
I know, I know. You’re probably saying, “Ok, but how do I make it into search results?” Well, there’s a few ways to do it:
- Video captions: The subject matter of the video needs to be in the caption! This is one of the keyways TikTok weeds out search results. The more specific, the better. For example, to be searched as an ice cream shop in Cleveland, make your caption: “best ice cream shop in Cleveland, Ohio.”
- #Hashtags: Hashtags, Hashtags, Hashtags! Did we stress it enough? Hashtags are a searchable feature as well and are often used to tag a video to popular trends, industries and variations of content. Bonus points if you use a trending hashtag. That brings us to…
- Trends: No matter your industry, you can participate in TikTok trends! Trends allow more people to find your content and end up on your page. These are constantly evolving with new trends or sounds becoming popular, giving you endless content opportunities.
- Sound/Music: Just like with trends, audio and music allow you to be more searchable. For example, tap on the audio at the bottom of a TikTok and you’ll be taken to a separate page full of creators who used the same sound. This is also a great place to be inspired by new content ideas.
- Engage: Show support to other creators and people in your industry by liking and commenting! Your comment then becomes visible to everyone who watches the video, potentially resulting in visits to your profile.
- Links: Exposure doesn’t have to end with your TikTok profile. Put a link to your website in your bio (or use LinkTree if you have multiple sites you want to send users to) to provide potential customers with more information about your business.
So, whether you’re jumping into the latest trend or making a video showing off your team, it’s important that your TikTok is optimized so that you will show up in the search results. And if you still need help, thunder::tech’s Social Media Team
is here to help you create a strategy, not just for TikTok, but any platform. Let’s chat!